Objective: To inspire, motivate, and encourage students in grades 3 through postsecondary to explore the impact of local black leaders in Hillsborough County.
Theme: An artistic interpretation expressing how the student has been inspired by a local black leader.
CATEGORIES click here for more information
Individual entries only. Winners will be selected from each division for each category (12 total winners). The goal is to create an artistic interpretation expressing how the student has been inspired by a local black leader.
General Rules for Participation:
By entering the LEAD Student Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules as well as the entry requirements for their specific arts category and division. Any violation of these rules may, at the district’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions by the judging panel regarding this contest are final and binding in all respects.
- Eligibility: Students must attend Hillsborough County Public Schools in grades 3-Postsecondary.
- Arts Categories: There are three arts categories – Literature, Performance, and Visual Arts. Students may enter the LEAD Student Contest in one or more arts categories. See Entry Requirements for additional information.
- Grade Divisions: Students must enter in the appropriate division for their grade (Intermediate: Grades 3-5; Middle School: Grades 6-8; High School: Grades 9-12; Postsecondary: Adult Education or Technical Colleges).
- How to Enter: Complete the LEAD Student Contest Entry Form.*
* Each entry must contain a title and an Artist Statement. The statement will demonstrate who inspired the work and how it relates to the theme. The statement must be at least one sentence, and may not exceed 100 words (Minimum length: 30 characters. Maximum length: 1000 characters). Use of copyrighted material is prohibited. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.