Employee Benefits and Insurance
2016 Employee Benefits Information
- 2016 Employee Benefits Website - Enrollment, Certificates of Coverage, Tools & Resources, and more!
- Prescription Drug Formulary
- 2016 Urgent Care Centers - Listed by Medical plan
- 2016 Tampa Family Health Clinics - CoverageFirst Plans ONLY
- 2016 Suncoast Community Health Clinics - CoverageFirst Plans ONLY
- 2016 Summer Newsletter - English
- 2016 Summer Newsletter - Spanish
The Department of Employee Benefits is responsible for administering insurance, benefit, and retirement programs for employees, retirees, and their eligible dependents. The insurance program includes life, medical, dental, vision, Hospital GAP, accident/hospital indemnity, cancer, and income protection/disability benefit plans. Other benefits provided include a medical second opinion service and an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
The Employee Benefits Department also administers the district’s FICA Alternative and Special Pay Retirement Plans, as well as its 403(b) and 457(b) Tax Shelter Accounts (TSAs) Program. In addition, the department provides administration and supporting services for the Florida Retirement System (FRS) Pension and Investment Plans, as required on behalf of district employees/retirees.