Experience Credit Questions and Answers
Q: I am new teacher to Hillsborough County, how can I receive salary credit for my previous work experience?
- An employee may complete an experience verification form upon the offer and acceptance of an instructional position in Hillsborough County.
- Forms are located online at the district website and in the employee processing packet.
- Forms shall be carefully completed by the employee and submitted to previous district/Human Resource division.
- Forms are to be returned to the Hillsborough County Human Resources Department Representative.
Q: If I my experience credit is not submitted in a timely manner to the district, will I receive pay retroactive to my start date?
- An employee will have 90 calendar days from the date of employment with Hillsborough County Schools to submit to Human Resources experience.
- Retroactive pay will be given for verified experience credit.
- To receive a retroactive payment, experience must be received and verified within 90 calendar days of employment.
- Experience received and verified after 90 calendar days of employment will have pay adjusted to date of verified experience.
- Human Resources will review all experience credit and salary determination.
- Credit will only be given for experience considered “full time” and “satisfactory” based upon performance evaluation.
Q: I am a culinary arts teacher and I have received work experience credit in lieu of teaching experience. If I transfer to another subject or leaving the current teaching assignment will I continue to receive the work experience credit?
- Experience work credit is only valid in the following areas: SLH, Culinary Arts, Fie….
- Up to 7 years may be granted upon receiving and validating work experience form.
- Work experience may only be granted when the teacher is in an assignment of direct instruction in the specific areas designated to receive work experience.
- If the teacher changes assignment or does not directly instruct students the work experience granted will be rescinded.