Please Join Us For...
Parent University is a FREE conference supporting the academic life of children in kindergarten through 12th grade.
|When:||Saturday, October 28, 2017|
|Where:||Franklin Middle Magnet School – 3915 21st Avenue, Tampa 33605|
||7:30 AM - 11:30 AM
|When:||Saturday, February 17, 2018|
|Where:||Bloomingdale High School – 1700 E. Bloomingdale Ave., Valrico 33596|
|Time:||7:30 AM - 11:30 AM|
Classes will be focused on academic and support programs in Hillsborough County Public Schools, effective strategies families can use to help every child succeed, and ways to advocate for the resources necessary for our public schools. Some classes are also offered in Spanish.
Participants will attend a general session followed by two classes. During Parent University, free childcare is also provided for children in grades K-5 (with advanced registration).
Class topics will range from:
- AVID: Academic Support and Success Strategies!
- Do You Know Your Graduation Requirements?
- Elementary Reading: The Foundation for Academic Success!
- Florida Standards Assessment in Reading (Grades 6-12)
- Hillsborough Virtual School: How Online Classes Meet a Variety of Needs
- Middle School Tips for Success
- Navigating Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Online Safety: What You Need to Know to Keep You and Your Student(s) Safe Online
- Parenting Matters: Parents Impact on Student Learning and Achievement
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in Elementary Schools: A General Overview
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in Middle and High Schools: A General Overview
- Top Ten Tips on How to Choose a High School for Your Child
- Top Ten Tips on How to Choose an Elementary or Middle School for Your Child
- Understanding Your Child’s Brain: Increasing Academic Achievement and Character Development
- Working Together = Partnerships Forever
Learn more or register today:
Online at http://all4schools.org/hillsborough/
Call (813) 272-4443