About Ordering Student Records Online
You must have an unexpired official picture ID in order to pick up records.
Q. What types of records are available?
A. Choose from one or more of the following records:
- Transcripts – Includes your grades, total credits, class rank and standing, GPA, graduation and withdrawal date. Note: GPA’s were not required on records prior to the graduation year of 1987.
- Immunization records – After the year of 1981 “if” your immunization records were sent to our office, they were permanently recorded. Anyone prior to 1981 will not have immunization records.
- Graduation letter – Is a simple form letter stating your name, DOB, name of high school, years of attendance at the graduating high school and the date of graduation.
- Diplomas - Call the high school Registrar. (School phone numbers can be found under the Schools tab on the right of the website)
- All Records - List all names of schools attended in Hillsborough County and years you attended those schools. This excludes all adult schools. List schools in the summary sections.
- Erwin and Brewster vocational records - We have day school only through 1989. This information is on film and you will need to include your name at the time you attended, classes taken, teachers (if you know them) and the date you received your certificate or diploma. Please list this information on the right side of your form in the empty space. Any records after 1989 are located at Adult Education at (813) 231-1650.
Q. Can I order and pay for my records online?
A. Yes, you can order and pay for student records online by clicking on the green order tab at the bottom, but please read the rest of the instructions before doing so. You may order to have mailed out or choose the pick up option.
Q. Can I pay with a money order?
A. Yes, however we prefer payment via credit card through Amazon, but you can pay with a money order (no checks) by filling out the online order form and choosing money order payment at the bottom left hand corner of the application. You will then need to either mail or bring in your money order to Student Records, 2010 East Hillsborough Ave., Room 212 Tampa, FL 33610. Your order will not be processed until your payment is received.
Q. Can my records be sent electronically to my college?
A. Yes, go back to our home page and click on electronic transcripts for a list of schools. Choose the Mail option. Your social security number will have to be on the transcript, if it's not on the records we revert to mailing records to the college.
Q. Will I be notified when my records are ready to pick up or being mailed out?
A. Yes, you will be notified by Scribonline. You will be notified by text (if you choose to) and e-mail. Check your spam mail as well in case the e-mail is placed there.
Q. Can my records be mailed to my home?
A. Yes, but you will need to pass the Scrib verification process before we will mail to your home address. You will be directed there during the ordering process. Please note....if the verification process is not validated you will be asked to use our notary release form on sidebar of the home page. Also, please remember that by law we are allowed to mail to any college or university without having any identification what so ever.
Q. Will you need my social security number?
A. It will help to locate your records much faster if your SS# is included. You may place your SS# in the comment section towards the bottom of the form. This is a secured site and you will be able to trust your SS# will not be compromised.
Q. What will it cost?
A.This is a breakdown of the cost breakdown:
- Transcripts are one set at $6.00 each.
- Immunization records are one set at $6.00 each.
- Graduation letters are $6.00 each.
- ADD A ONE TIME SERVICE CHARGE OF $4.00. AMOUNT TALLIED AT THE END OF YOUR ORDER.
- Preferred payment is by credit card VIA an Amazon account along with a one time $4.00 service charge.
- It would benefit you to open up an account before ordering your records.
- You may order multiple items and have them shipped to multiple places on one order and there will only be charge one $4.00 processing fee.
Q. How long does it take?Picking up records- allow up to 5 business days.
Mail out records - up to 7 to 10 business days. In our busy season it could take longer to order records so please check your emails for Scribonline often to find out if it's processed and when it will be mailed.
Q. Will I need to show Identification when I come in to pick up records?
A. Yes, an "unexpired" OFFICIAL picture ID such as a driver’s license, state ID, military ID or passport will be accepted at the time of pick up. Also, if you have had a name change please bring official proof.
Q. If I am unable to pick my records up after receiving my e-mail how long will you hold them?
A. Records are held for 30 days after your assigned pick up date. Your request and the copies of your records are then destroyed and your payment will not be refunded.
Q. Can someone else pick up my records for me?
A. Yes, but you must list their name or names on the online order form and fill out the notary form located on the sidebar under forms and have your signature notarized. This page must be faxed to us before we release your records to that person. The person picking up will need to show an official (unexpired) picture ID.
Q. If I need my records for birth certificate reasons is there any other information you need from me to locate my records?
A. Yes, we need the names of all the public schools attended in Hillsborough County, the years you attended and left each school, any other names you could have been listed under while in school, parent’s names, another DOB that could be on your records, addresses you may have lived at and any other information that might help us locate you. Place the additional information in the comments section.
Q. Is there free parking?
A. Yes, you may park in the front of our building, but due to teacher training days there is a possibility you may have to park in the school district remote parking lot directly across from our building on the east side of 40th St.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 813-840-7052. Our fax number on the notary release form.