- New Hires: Annually hires approximately 1,000 college graduates to fill teaching positions.
- Teacher & Leadership Retention: Our most highly effective teachers and leaders are retained in the district at a rate of over 90%.
- Teacher of the Year Success: The Florida Department of Education and Macy’s named district Teacher of the Year, Diane McKee, as Florida’s 2015 Teacher of the Year.
- Developing Excellent Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Teachers: HCPS has joined a national network of partners with the overall goal of developing and training 100,000 excellent science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) teachers by 2021. HCPS is the only school district in Florida, and one of only seven districts across the nation, chosen to participate.
Working for HCPS
- As a district, we strive to build diversity among our teaching workforce. We believe in attracting and investing in the best and brightest people who demonstrate energy, compassion and dedication to improving the lives of our students.
- HCPS is the largest employer in Hillsborough County. We currently employ more than 26,195 permanent and 2,632 temporary staff members.
- To apply for employment, simply visit www.teachintampa.com.
Working with HCPS
- As the eighth largest school district in the United States, we purchase about $400,000 annually in merchandise, goods, and services – everything from textbooks to livestock feed.
- We strongly encourage you to register with our VendorBid System. Registration is required if you plan to bid on any goods or services HCPS might need to purchase.
- Once the registration process is completed, you will be notified when a business opportunity is available.
- The Office of Supplier Diversity provides assistance for small and minority-owned businesses in seven counties: Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, and Sarasota counties.
- The goal of the office is to function as a facilitator, directing and monitoring the district’s creation and utilization of a diverse group of small business vendors.
NUMBER OF SCHOOLS
|Total School Based Professional Staff||16,267|