90-by-20 Logo Contest
HCPS is the nation’s eighth-largest school district with a diverse enrollment of more than 200,000 students. Increasing graduation rates have been identified as one of the district’s four strategic priorities. It is the goal to have 90% of HCPS students graduate by the year 2020 (90-by-20). Recent statistics show that HCPS is on track to meet this goal. Branding this initiative will help in gaining awareness and buy-in from the community.
Create an original logo for the district’s goal of increasing graduation rates to 90% by the year 2020. The contest begins February 15, 2017. Electronic submissions will be accepted until 11:55 pm on March 24, 2017.
HCPS is proud to partner with SchoolCity, sponsor of the 90-by-20 Logo Contest.
Eligibility: The contest is only open to Hillsborough County Public School students in grades 3 through post-secondary. Participants under the age of 18 must obtain parental or guardian consent to enter.
In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by our judges, you must:
- Create a logo following the requirements.
- Fill out the entry form.
- Accept all contest terms and conditions.
- Upload high resolution logo (minimum 300 dpi) as a (.png) or (.jpg) file.
This logo may be featured on our website, our social media platforms and other mediums (stationary, collateral, t-shirts, etc). As a result, while we want the logo to be eye-catching, it must still be legible across a wide range of possible sizes and media.
Logos cannot contain material belonging to others, and must have been created and edited entirely by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or other materials that have been previously published or otherwise used publicly for other purposes, and must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
Logo must promote HCPS’s brand, identity, vision and mission.
- Size: Submission size for initial judging is 4x4 inches at 300 dpi.
- Format: Logo must be submitted in JPEG or PNG formats for initial judging.
- Reproduction: Logo must be able to be reproduced effectively in black and white and reversed out.
- Medium: Digital submissions only.
- Additional requirements for the winning logo: The winning logo must also be submitted in a high resolution (300 dpi) image with scalable vector (EPS) in each of the following four formats: JPEG, PNG, PSD, and PDF. The winning logo must also be effective and readable when reversed out and black and white versions of the winning logo must also be submitted.
- Logo must incorporate the term "90-by-20"
Judging will include a panel review by a stakeholder committee of students, community member and district staff. Logos will be judged on the following criteria:
Logos will be judged on the following criteria:
- Artistic merit: based on artistic skill
- Creativity: representation of the contest theme, use of the term "90-by-20" and the unique approach to the logo
- Content: ability to tie logo’s look to keywords identified by the community
The contest winner will receive a $500 cash prize and bragging rights! If multiple contestants contribute to a single logo design, the award will be split equally among the winning contestants. The winner will be contacted through their school. The winning logo will also be announced via our website, social media platforms and an upcoming School Board meeting.
The winner must execute an assignment of rights for their logo to be eligible for the cash prize. Payment will not be processed until HCPS receives the final logo in all required formats, along with the confirmation that all necessary rights have been assigned to HCPS.
The 90-by-20 Logo contest is being sponsored by SchoolCity.
Submitted artwork must be original and not be based on or include components of any pre-existing copyrighted or trademarked images, design or other materials. HCPS reserves the right to modify the winning logo. The winning logo will become the sole property of HCPS. The prize, if any, awarded to the winner constitutes the entire compensation for creating, submitting and assigning the winning logo to HCPS. Author(s)/Artist(s) agree to relinquish all rights in the winning logo, including intellectual property rights, to HCPS by accepting the rules and regulations. Incomplete entries are subject to immediate disqualification. Entries will not be returned. HCPS will select the winner, at its sole discretion, and reserves the right to use the winner’s name and/or likeness for publicity purposes without further permission or compensation. HCPS also reserves the right to not select a winner if no suitable entries are received.
Logos that are not original works, that contain material belonging to others, or otherwise contain objectionable or inappropriate content will be disqualified. Only one application per participant. Only the first logo entered for each participant will be considered, and any additional logos will be disqualified.
For questions regarding the 90-by-20 Logo Contest, contact HCPS Strategic Marketing (813) 272-4781.