Great American Teach-In
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (November 18, 2015) – Students will have an amazing opportunity to learn about careers and hobbies during the annual Great American Teach-In on Thursday, November 19.
Hillsborough County Public Schools will welcome visiting speakers into classrooms throughout the day to demonstrate and talk about their professions and hobbies. Volunteers will explain the benefits of getting a good education. This year’s speakers include active members and veterans of the United States Armed Forces; police, firefighters and paramedics, veterinarians, attorneys, authors, business professionals, chefs, elected officials, entrepreneurs, musicians, School Board members, and many more.
A list of some of the speakers and their topics is provided in the attached document.
- Feeding Minds - Nourishing Communities
- History Came to Life at MacFarlane Park
- Board Members in the Community: February 19
- All Hillsborough County Public Schools Students and Staff to Participate in Lockdown Drills
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers