Scholastic Art and Writing Awards
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (November 18, 2015) – The 2016 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards contest is now open for students in Hillsborough County. Students in grades 7-12 attending public, private, charter, or other educational institutions in Hillsborough County are encouraged to submit their works in one of 28 categories.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards are the nation’s longest-running, most prestigious recognition for creative students. Last year, Hillsborough County recognized more than 300 regional winners with 1,500 submissions in art and writing. Twelve of those students earned monetary awards, from the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation.
This year, the Lightning Foundation has also become a sponsor.
Online registration is required, and there is a small fee for entries; however, if there is a financial hardship, students may complete a fee waiver available on the website. For students under 18, parents must sign the waiver form. Deadline for submissions is December 16, 2015.
Students can join the likes of Truman Capote, Donald Lipski, Joyce Carol Oates, Sylvia Plath, Zac Posen, and Andy Warhol, who were all past winners of Scholastic Art and Writing Awards.
- Governor Rick Scott and First Lady Ann Scott Invite K-12 Students to Participate in 2018 Black History Month Contests
- Potter Eagles welcome community members to open house
- The New Tool Inspiring Activity and Learning at Lithia Springs
- Board Members in the Community: January 22-27
- A New Year and New Program Brings Opportunity for Future Firefighters