District offers its first Center for Gifted Studies
Hillsborough County Public Schools is proud to offer families the district’s first full-time gifted program, the Center for Gifted Studies at Boyette Springs Elementary. The Center for Gifted Studies will provide gifted services to students in first through fifth grade throughout the school day. Students attending the Center will receive daily classroom instruction from gifted-endorsed teachers in all core subjects (ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies) within a group of gifted peers.
The Center for Gifted Studies will offer research-supported curriculum strategies and methodologies developed at the National Research Center for Gifted and Talented to engage high-ability students who need more rigorous challenge. All students attending Boyette Springs Elementary will participate in hands-on interest-based enrichment clusters where students will develop creativity, thinking skills, motivation, and cooperativeness.
Families interested in their children attending the Center for Gifted Studies can apply for admission through January 31, 2016. Applications can be submitted online through mySPOT or by completing a paper application available at Boyette Springs Elementary School. Students must meet one of the following criteria by the application period deadline to be eligible to apply for the Center for Gifted Studies:
- Currently possess a Florida Gifted Educational Plan (EP), or
- Has been referred for an initial gifted evaluation, or
- Has a copy of a psychological report with a qualifying IQ score.
Join us on Thursday, January 28, 2016, for a parent information session at Boyette Springs Elementary. This session will provide you an opportunity to learn about this distinctive full-time gifted program and how it will benefit your child. For more details, call the Choice Information Line at 813.272.4692.
- Durant High School Showcases the Talents and Culture of its Students During Black History Month
- Feeding Minds - Nourishing Communities
- History Came to Life at MacFarlane Park
- Board Members in the Community: February 19
- All Hillsborough County Public Schools Students and Staff to Participate in Lockdown Drills