Hillsborough Schools to Host Inaugural Build Tampa Bay Event
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (February 2, 2016) – More than 700 local high school students in Hillsborough County Public Schools will participate in the inaugural Build Tampa Bay tradeshow and job fair.
The students will meet with more than 50 local employers in the building and construction industry. They will hear about careers and immediate job opportunities in fields such as architecture, engineering, plumbing, masonry, machine operations, manufacturing, and general construction.
The event is today Tuesday, February 2, from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., at Amalie Arena.
Supt Eakins and School Board members will be in attendance for the kickoff at 9:30 a.m.
The event is sponsored by Associated Builders and Contractors Florida Gulf Coast Chapter, Hillsborough County Public Schools, the Tampa Bay Lightning, and Amalie Arena.
Students will learn about jobs and careers available to them in the Tampa Bay area following high school and college graduation.
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School