2016 Hall of Fame Inductee Tony Dungy and his wife Lauren to read to 2nd graders
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (February 12, 2016) – Second graders at Lopez Elementary School and Palm River Elementary School will have a special visit from Tony and Lauren Dungy on Tuesday, February 16.
Tony Dungy has just been named a Pro Football 2016 Hall of Fame Inductee. Coach Dungy and Lauren volunteer in Hillsborough County Public Schools on Tuesdays and, to date, have read to 2,774 second graders during this school year. As part of their community giving with the Dungy Family Foundation Reading Program, each student in the presentation receives a book to take home.
The schedule is as follows:
10:30 a.m. Lopez Elementary School, 200 N. Kingsway Road, Seffner
11:30 a.m. Palm River Elementary School, 805 Maydell Dr. Tampa
We thank Tony and Lauren Dungy for their continued support of our students. We are thrilled for Coach Dungy and this well-deserved honor as a respected coach and a mentor to many of our students, players, and fans across the country.
- Before Daytona 500, NASCAR driver Aric Almirola makes pit stop at Pierce Middle School
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day
- Florida State Fair welcomes HCPS' African Americans in Film: Influencers of Stage and Screen Exhibit
- Alexander Elementary Earns 2017-2018 Ryan A. Raines Energy Conservation Award
- Board Members in the Community: February 20