For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (February 22, 2016) – Middle school students from Hillsborough County Public Schools will come together for a morning of building relationships and celebrating diversity at our Unity Breakfast.
The breakfast, a first for our middle school students, is Wednesday, February 24, from 9:45 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. at The Children’s Board (board room). The Children’s Board is located at 1002 E. Palm Ave., Tampa.
Dr. Roy Kaplan, who is a consultant for HCC and an adjunct in the Department of Africana Studies at USF, will be the keynote speaker and will talk with students about strengthening relationships and promoting respect. Two to three students from each of our middle schools, about 100 in all, will join in on the discussion about accepting our differences, celebrating diversity, and building tolerance. The theme for the breakfast is, “Diversity is the one thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day.”
District success coaches and school administrators, in addition to community pastors and local barbers, who began serving as mentors to students this year, will also participate.
The students will take a Unity Pledge at the end of the event.
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers
- Board Members in the Community: February 19-23
- Board Members in the Community: February 20-21
- Before Daytona 500, NASCAR driver Aric Almirola makes pit stop at Pierce Middle School
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day