Lamb Elementary collaborates with HCC on Zora Neal Hurston documentary film
The Hillsborough Community College Hawk Media Club and Lamb Elementary School celebrated the 2016 MLK Day of Service at Lamb Elementary School last month. Students read poetry and shared the information they learned about Eatonville, Zora Neale Hurston and Florida history. Hawk Media Club students shared photos and video clips from their research on Eatonville and Hurston. Renowned storyteller Jami D. Thomas performed as Zora Neale Hurston and shared stories and songs with the students. Ms. Thomas has performed off-Broadway, and currently serves as the Director of the Adult Performing Arts Ministry at Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church in Eatonville, Florida.
The event was funded through a Resources for Excellence award from the Hillsborough Community College Foundation and the Hillsborough Community College Office of Equity and Special Programs.
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School