Liberty MS Technology classes spotlight Black History Month
During the month of February, Liberty Middle School Business Technology classes honored Black History Month by creating websites spotlighting an African American hero. Students selected people, events, movements, or landmark court cases at random so they would learn something new, as opposed to learning about someone they were already familiar with.
Students had to conduct research and develop a bio using the “Claim, Claim Evidence, and Commentary” method. This lesson was an example of a great partnership between the Language Arts department and Business Technology Education department. The final websites link to a short quiz created by the students.
Readers will be expected to go back to the text to find the answers if needed. Enjoy the websites live on http://www.teamhankerson.com/blackhistory/. See photos of some of our student web designers in the Flickr album below.
For more information about Liberty Middle School, go to http://liberty.mysdhc.org/.
View Full Album
- Before Daytona 500, NASCAR driver Aric Almirola makes pit stop at Pierce Middle School
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day
- Florida State Fair welcomes HCPS' African Americans in Film: Influencers of Stage and Screen Exhibit
- Alexander Elementary Earns 2017-2018 Ryan A. Raines Energy Conservation Award
- Board Members in the Community: February 20