Liberty MS Technology classes spotlight Black History Month
During the month of February, Liberty Middle School Business Technology classes honored Black History Month by creating websites spotlighting an African American hero. Students selected people, events, movements, or landmark court cases at random so they would learn something new, as opposed to learning about someone they were already familiar with.
Students had to conduct research and develop a bio using the “Claim, Claim Evidence, and Commentary” method. This lesson was an example of a great partnership between the Language Arts department and Business Technology Education department. The final websites link to a short quiz created by the students.
Readers will be expected to go back to the text to find the answers if needed. Enjoy the websites live on http://www.teamhankerson.com/blackhistory/. See photos of some of our student web designers in the Flickr album below.
For more information about Liberty Middle School, go to http://liberty.mysdhc.org/.
View Full Album
- History Came to Life at MacFarlane Park
- Board Members in the Community: February 19
- All Hillsborough County Public Schools Students and Staff to Participate in Lockdown Drills
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers
- Board Members in the Community: February 19-23