Chief of Staff Selected for Tampa Hispanic Heritage Leadership Class
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (September 20, 2016) – Hillsborough County Public Schools is honored to announce Chief of Staff Dr. Alberto Vazquez has been selected for the 2016 Tampa Hispanic Heritage, Inc. Leadership Class in education.
The new leadership class will be formally introduced at an awards ceremony on September 22, at 6 p.m., at the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, located at 4400 W. Cypress Street, Tampa.
Dr. Alberto Vazquez joined Hillsborough County Public Schools in July, 2015. Previously, he served as the Superintendent of the Diocese of St. Petersburg. Dr. Vazquez has been the Associate Superintendent of Schools for Queens North in Brooklyn, New York and was a Principal in Bronx, New York. He has also served as an Adjunct Professor for higher education institutions including Notre Dame University, Fordham University, and Ana G. Mendez University System.
Tampa Hispanic Heritage, Inc. promotes leadership in the community by recognizing Hispanics who excel in their service in the Hispanic community in the areas of education, civic involvement, public service/government and business.
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School