Dads Take Your Child to School Day 2016-17
Fathers, grandfathers and other male role models are invited to take part in the “Dads Take Your Child to School Day” initiative, which this year is being celebrated statewide on Wednesday, September 28th. More than 30 years of research supports the belief that a positive relationship endures between increased family engagement and student academic success. Additional research suggests that when fathers are actively involved in their child’s education, students:
- Perform better academically
- Have fewer discipline problems
- Become more responsible adults
Schools in Hillsborough County may celebrate this initiative on another day of the week, but regardless of what day they choose, this initiative is a wonderful opportunity for dads or other male role models to get involved in their child’s education and to highlight the significant difference they can make by taking a more active role.
Call your child’s school for details about their celebration. For more information about the Florida Department of Education’s other Family Engagement/Parental Involvement programs, you may visit http://www.fldoe.org/schools/family-community/activities-programs/parental-involvement.stml.
- History Came to Life at MacFarlane Park
- Board Members in the Community: February 19
- All Hillsborough County Public Schools Students and Staff to Participate in Lockdown Drills
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers
- Board Members in the Community: February 19-23