Walk to School Events
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (October 3, 2016) – On Wednesday, October 5, students and staff from a number of Hillsborough County Public Schools will participate in Walk to School events.
Hunter’s Green Elementary and Tampa Bay Blvd. Elementary, along with a number of other schools are partnering with St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital Safe Routes to School program. Students will be able to participate in a helmet check. Students “caught doing it right” will also be given Chick-fil-A coupons for using the crosswalk, wearing helmets while biking and looking both ways before crossing the street.
Other schools participating in Walk to School events include: Westchase Elementary, Mabry Elementary, Sulphur Springs K-8, Kimbell Elementary, Mort Elementary, Summerfield Crossings Elementary, and Chiles Elementary.
Walk to School Day is an international event involving communities from more than 40 countries walking and biking to school on the same day. It began in 1997 as a way to promote safe routes to school.
Contact Tanya Arja in the Communications Office if you need additional details on a specific school event.
- Feeding Minds - Nourishing Communities
- History Came to Life at MacFarlane Park
- Board Members in the Community: February 19
- All Hillsborough County Public Schools Students and Staff to Participate in Lockdown Drills
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers