District Seeks Names for Elementary “C”
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (October 4, 2016) – Hillsborough County Public Schools is accepting nominations for the naming of Elementary “C”, scheduled to open in August 2017, in the Triple Creek area in south Riverview.
Anyone wishing to submit a name for the new school should send their nominations to Shaylia McRae, Area VIII Superintendent either by email at Shaylia.firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Shaylia McRae, 2807 John Sherman Way, Ruskin FL, 33570
The deadline to submit a name is October 11. The School Board is tentatively scheduled to approve the name for Elementary “C” on November 1.
According to school board policy, schools shall be named for individuals who have rendered outstanding service to public education, such as U.S. presidents, school board members, educators, and outstanding citizens. Schools may also be named for geographic locations and for groups and clubs. When naming a new school or other existing facility, input shall be solicited from neighboring schools and the community at large, according to the policy.
- History Came to Life at MacFarlane Park
- Board Members in the Community: February 19
- All Hillsborough County Public Schools Students and Staff to Participate in Lockdown Drills
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers
- Board Members in the Community: February 19-23