National Chemistry Week: 2016 Illustrated Poem Contest
Each year as part of National Chemistry Week (NCW) activities, the American Chemical Society (ACS) sponsors an illustrated poem contest for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Participating ACS local sections can invite area students to compete. Entries are judged based upon relevance to and incorporation of the NCW theme (“Solving Mysteries Through Chemistry"), word choice and imagery, colorful artwork, adherence to poem style, originality and creativity, and overall presentation.
Local winners advance to the national contest for a chance to win cash prizes. The National ACS will award $300 to first-place and $150 to second-place winners of the national contest in each grade category.
One entry per student will be accepted for one grade category.
Winners will be selected in each of the following four categories:
- K - 2nd grade
- 3rd – 5th grade
- 6th – 8th grade
- 9th – 12th grade
NCW 2016 Contest Entry Form
NCW 2016 Sample Contest Flyer
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School