Tentative Salary Agreement Reached Teachers and Educational Support Professionals (ESP)
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (November 8, 2016) – The School Board of Hillsborough County Public Schools and the Hillsborough Classroom Teachers Association (CTA) have tentatively agreed to the following proposed salary agreement:
- All eligible teachers and psychologists will get a level movement on their appropriate salary schedule, effective July 1, 2016. In addition, all eligible teachers and psychologists will receive a $200 Cost of Living Adjustment to their salary schedule.
- Any eligible teachers and psychologists at the top of their respective scales will receive a $200 salary adjustment for this year.
- Instructional performance pay earned during the 2016-2017 school year shall be paid based on the Memorandum of Understanding, Performance Pay, approved October 28, 2014.
- Eligible National Board Certified Teachers (NBCT) shall receive a $1,000 incentive for meeting the criteria of NBCT.
- Most Educational Support Professionals (ESP) will advance 3-levels, which equates to approximately a 6-percent salary increase retroactive to July 1, 2016.
- ESP’s at the top of their level will receive a 2-percent increase.
- The School Board continues to pay the full cost of an employee-only health insurance premium.
The proposed agreement must still go to the School Board for approval and be ratified by the CTA membership.