Holiday Heroes: Transportation employees donate 80 new bikes
Hillsborough County Public Schools magnet school bus drivers and transportation employees have been fundraising for months and have raised enough money to buy 80 new bikes for children this Christmas.
On Wednesday, December 14, drivers delivered the bikes to the Metropolitan Ministries tent located in Tampa. The employees arrived in a school bus with the bikes on board.
Transportation employees raised money last year and were able to collect two bikes which were donated to Metropolitan Ministries. This year, the magnet drivers challenged each of the four bus ramps to bring in two bikes. The response has been overwhelming with over 80 bikes, along with helmets and other accessories.
The district's transportation employees have a key role in the success of our students, ensuring they get to and from school each day safely and on time. Drivers are the first person many of our students see each morning and the last person they see before they head home. They know the need in the community and are grateful they can do their part to ensure there are smiles on children’s faces on Christmas morning.
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School