Liberty Middle School Students Present Check for Schenecker Memorial Fund
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (January 18, 2017) – Liberty Middle School students, the National Junior Honor Society and the Future Business Leaders of America teamed up for the sixth year to raise funds for the Calyx and Beau Schenecker Memorial Fund.
The students will present a $3,000 check to Colonel Parker Schenecker and Mrs. Nancy Schenecker (the children’s grandmother) at 2:30 p.m., Friday, January 20, in the Liberty Middle School media center.
The students held a cookie dough fundraiser during November to raise funds, create community awareness and to honor their former classmates, Calyx and Beau Schenecker. The Memorial Fund provides scholarships for promising leaders, athletes and artists in the Tampa Bay area.
Calyx was a cross country runner at King High School, where she was enrolled in the International Baccalaureate program. Beau was a student at Liberty Middle School and an active member of Future Business Leaders of America.
Liberty Middle School is located at 17400 Commerce Park Blvd., Tampa.
- Kids Severe Weather Awareness Week Poster Contest
- Going for the Gold - Count us in for the win!
- You're Invited to Celebrate East Bay's 60 Year Legacy
- Governor Rick Scott and First Lady Ann Scott Invite K-12 Students to Participate in 2018 Black History Month Contests
- Potter Eagles welcome community members to open house