Clair Mel Elementary Hosts Ribbon Cutting for Food Pantry
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (January 19, 2017) – Students at Clair Mel Elementary School will benefit from a wonderful partnership between Hillsborough County Public Schools and the Center for Excellence as a new food pantry opens on campus.
A ribbon cutting ceremony to announce the opening of the new food pantry will be held on Friday, January 20, at noon. Clair Mel Elementary is located at 1025 South 78th Street, Tampa.
The food pantry will support the students and families of Clair Mel Elementary. "This school-based food pantry will provide a valuable resource for our families. We are grateful for this partnership, knowing our students will have more opportunities for healthy, nutritious food when they are away from school,” said Superintendent Jeff Eakins.
A grant obtained through the Center of Excellence will support the school’s efforts in operating, maintaining and expanding the resource based on the needs of the schools’ students and families.
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers
- Board Members in the Community: February 19-23
- Board Members in the Community: February 20-21
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day
- Florida State Fair welcomes HCPS' African Americans in Film: Influencers of Stage and Screen Exhibit