Clair Mel Elementary Hosts Ribbon Cutting for Food Pantry
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (January 19, 2017) – Students at Clair Mel Elementary School will benefit from a wonderful partnership between Hillsborough County Public Schools and the Center for Excellence as a new food pantry opens on campus.
A ribbon cutting ceremony to announce the opening of the new food pantry will be held on Friday, January 20, at noon. Clair Mel Elementary is located at 1025 South 78th Street, Tampa.
The food pantry will support the students and families of Clair Mel Elementary. "This school-based food pantry will provide a valuable resource for our families. We are grateful for this partnership, knowing our students will have more opportunities for healthy, nutritious food when they are away from school,” said Superintendent Jeff Eakins.
A grant obtained through the Center of Excellence will support the school’s efforts in operating, maintaining and expanding the resource based on the needs of the schools’ students and families.
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School