Sickles High School Honors 6 Year Old With Leukemia Fundraiser
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (March 10, 2017) – Students and staff at Sickles High School will come together today, Friday March 10, for a fundraiser basketball game for 6 year old Arthur Silva.
For the past several years, Sickles High School has raised money for a local child suffering from Leukemia. The money is collected at the school throughout the week and goes towards helping families with hospital expenses and the cost of chemotherapy treatments. In the past, the donations have helped young students, including Jimmy Harris, son of Sickles High School Assistant Principal James Harris. Both Arthur and Jimmy will be at the fundraiser game today.
The pep rally begins at 2:10 p.m. Students will first play a game against each other. Then the winning team will play against a group of teachers for bragging rights.
At halftime, the Sickles High School State Championship Boys Basketball Team and the Sickles High School State Champion Cheerleaders will be honored.
Sickles High School is located at 7950 Gunn Highway, Tampa. Interested media should check in at the main office and staff will walk you down to the gym.
- Before Daytona 500, NASCAR driver Aric Almirola makes pit stop at Pierce Middle School
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day
- Florida State Fair welcomes HCPS' African Americans in Film: Influencers of Stage and Screen Exhibit
- Alexander Elementary Earns 2017-2018 Ryan A. Raines Energy Conservation Award
- Board Members in the Community: February 20