Final Recommendation for Proposed Bell Time Changes
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (April 17, 2017) – Hillsborough County Public Schools Superintendent Jeff Eakins sent an email this afternoon to all district families, staff and community members with his final recommendation for proposed bell time changes.
Proposed bell time changes are necessary because the district’s current arrival and dismissal times do not allow enough time for our bus drivers to get students to and from school on time. The district must correct this in order to secure the appropriate number of instructional minutes for students.
On April 25, at a Special Called School Board meeting, Superintendent Eakins will recommend to wait one year before making any change to the bell schedule. This additional time will allow the school district and families to make any necessary adjustments and clarify questions or concerns. Superintendent Eakins will also recommend a tentative bell schedule for the 2018-2019 school year.
The 2018-2019 recommended bell times will be posted online on Tuesday, at the following web address: http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/doc/1855/administration/resources/belltimes/.
The district is grateful for all the feedback on the proposed new bell schedule from parents, staff and the community.
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits