Love It, Like It or Dislike It? 8th Annual Fresh Flavors Expo
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (April 24, 2017) – The Hillsborough County Public Schools Student Nutrition Services Department is hosting its eighth annual Fresh Flavors - Food for Body and Mind Expo from 10 a.m. to Noon, April 27 and April 28.
Each day, approximately 75 students from around the district will taste and rate new menu offerings for the 2017-2018 school year menu. Twenty new menu items will be tested, including Creamy Tomato Soup w/ Homemade Croutons, Mediterranean Veggie Wafflewich, and Korean Beef Tacos with Asian Slaw. Students will rate each item on a scale of Love It, Like It, or Dislike It based on the item’s appearance, smell, and taste.
The purpose of the tasting is to help Student Nutrition Services provide healthy menus that are based on student preferences.
Each student will receive a goodie bag and a chance to win a FitBit fitness tracker. Student Nutrition Services, the Silo Event Center is located at 9036 Brittany Way, Tampa, Fl 33619. For more information, contact Tanya Arja at (813) 272-4602.
- Before Daytona 500, NASCAR driver Aric Almirola makes pit stop at Pierce Middle School
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day
- Florida State Fair welcomes HCPS' African Americans in Film: Influencers of Stage and Screen Exhibit
- Alexander Elementary Earns 2017-2018 Ryan A. Raines Energy Conservation Award
- Board Members in the Community: February 20