School Board Set to Vote on Proposed Boundary Changes
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (May 9, 2017) – The School Board will vote on proposed boundary changes for the North Tampa and New Tampa areas during the May 16 board meeting.
This proposal is recommending attendance boundary changes that will impact areas in and around North Tampa and New Tampa for the 2018-2019 school year. The proposal will impact a portion of the attendance boundaries for the following elementary and middle schools: Clark, Forest Hills, Heritage, Hunter's Green, Mort, MOSI, Pizzo, Pride, Shaw, Witter, Adams, Greco, Sligh, and Van Buren.
Parent and community input meetings were held in March and parent feedback was collected and reviewed by district staff.
Since those meetings were held, staff conducted additional research and developed a modification to the original attendance boundary proposal moving students from Heritage to Pride (Addison Park Apartments). This revision is needed to better balance the projected enrollments between Pride and Heritage. All requests were evaluated and a revised plan will be presented to the School Board on May 16 and is detailed on our website www.sdhc.k12.fl.us
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School