Superintendent and School Board Chair Send Letter to Governor Rick Scott Requesting a Veto on HB 7069
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (May 19, 2017) – Superintendent Jeff Eakins and School Board Chair Cindy Stuart sent a letter to Governor Rick Scott on May 18, requesting he veto HB 7069. The mammoth spending bill would hurt Hillsborough County Public Schools students by taking away much needed resources.
One of the major policy changes concerns Title I schools and the distribution of funds to our economically disadvantaged students. These changes could be detrimental to students and the teachers who serve them.
In part, the letter reads, “The language in the bill continues to put district-wide services at risk, particularly those allowing districts to target services to the lowest performing schools.”
Please see the entire letter.
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School