Superintendent and School Board Chair Send Letter to Governor Rick Scott Requesting a Veto on HB 7069
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (May 19, 2017) – Superintendent Jeff Eakins and School Board Chair Cindy Stuart sent a letter to Governor Rick Scott on May 18, requesting he veto HB 7069. The mammoth spending bill would hurt Hillsborough County Public Schools students by taking away much needed resources.
One of the major policy changes concerns Title I schools and the distribution of funds to our economically disadvantaged students. These changes could be detrimental to students and the teachers who serve them.
In part, the letter reads, “The language in the bill continues to put district-wide services at risk, particularly those allowing districts to target services to the lowest performing schools.”
Please see the entire letter.
- History Came to Life at MacFarlane Park
- Board Members in the Community: February 19
- All Hillsborough County Public Schools Students and Staff to Participate in Lockdown Drills
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers
- Board Members in the Community: February 19-23