Annual Back to School Press Conference
For Immediate Release
Contact: Grayson Kamm
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (August 2, 2017) – Superintendent Jeff Eakins, School Board members, students and staff will share some of the district’s exciting goals for the upcoming school year at Hillsborough County Public Schools Back to School news conference, Monday, August 7, at 10:30 a.m., at Ben Hill Middle School, located at 5200 Ehrlich Road, Tampa.
Superintendent Eakins will share how the district continues to build a strong school culture at each school while providing an engaging curriculum for the more than 212,000 students.
Through the dedication of the district’s teachers, administrators and support staff both at the schools and at the district level, Hillsborough County Public Schools continues to increase the district’s graduation rate. The most recent graduation rate increased 3 percentage points to 79.1% and the district currently has 996 more graduates than in the prior year.
At the news conference, Superintendent Eakins (pronounced AY-kins) will also explain the district’s systems of support, which ensure our teachers have the tools necessary to be successful in the classroom.
The first day of school is Thursday, August 10.
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School