Forest Hills Elementary offers free back-to-school haircuts
Students who can’t afford a haircut will get a chance to look sharp as they head back to school thanks to a group of community volunteers. Up to eight stylists and barbers are volunteering their time to provide free haircuts to students at Forest Hills Elementary School on Sunday, August 6.
Jacob Dunn, who teaches first grade and serves as a teacher talent developer, coordinated the event along with his own stylist, Jennifer Chhim. “We are so excited to provide these services to our students and their families,” Dunn said.
The event, scheduled for noon to 4 p.m. in the school’s multi-purpose room, is open to Forest Hills Elementary families, first-come, first-served.
|Who:||Stylists giving free haircuts
Students about to head back to school
|When:||Sunday, August 6 from noon to 4 p.m.
Forest Hills Elementary School
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits