Microsoft employees work side-by-side with students to upgrade robotics classroom
Students at Hillsborough High School were thrilled with the generous makeover Microsoft employees gave to their Robotics classroom, home to Team Hydra. Previously a shop classroom, the updated robotics classroom is now transformed into a creative learning space that boasts a SMART Board, fresh coat of paint, a new robot and much needed technology. Employees from Microsoft’s Education division traded their dress shirts for Microsoft t-shirts and worked side-by-side with the students to upgrade this classroom.
For Microsoft employees, community service is part of their every day. In fact, all of their executives participate in community service initiatives like this one at Hillsborough High School. Microsoft truly cares about the community and wants to ensure the development of the next generation of creators. Microsoft was introduced to Hillsborough High School through TechStart Tampa Bay. TechStart Tampa Bay is a nonprofit that inspires at-risk kids to learn about technology.
Team Hydra is excited for the upcoming Robotics season. They know this upgrade will allow them the freedom of creativity and provide them with a competitive edge in the robotics world.
View Full Album
- Before Daytona 500, NASCAR driver Aric Almirola makes pit stop at Pierce Middle School
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day
- Florida State Fair welcomes HCPS' African Americans in Film: Influencers of Stage and Screen Exhibit
- Alexander Elementary Earns 2017-2018 Ryan A. Raines Energy Conservation Award
- Board Members in the Community: February 20