Hillsborough Schools closed through Monday, Sept. 11th as a Hurricane Watch is in effect for Tampa Bay
Updated: Friday, Sept. 8, 2017 -11:38 a.m.
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for Tampa Bay. Hurricane winds are possible within 48 hours. These winds can be extremely dangerous and life-threatening. We encourage all of our families and employees to take all necessary precautions and plan for Hurricane Irma. The county’s Emergency Operations Center is opening several shelters, including special needs and pet-friendly shelters. Visit the county’s website at hillsboroughcounty.org for more information.
Hillsborough Schools will be closed Friday and Monday. Governor Rick Scott has ordered all Florida Schools closed through Monday, September 11 as the state braces for Hurricane Irma. Read more
For the latest information regarding Hillsbourough Schools and Hurricane Irma, visit our Weather Information page and stay informed.
- Before Daytona 500, NASCAR driver Aric Almirola makes pit stop at Pierce Middle School
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day
- Florida State Fair welcomes HCPS' African Americans in Film: Influencers of Stage and Screen Exhibit
- Alexander Elementary Earns 2017-2018 Ryan A. Raines Energy Conservation Award
- Board Members in the Community: February 20