Bell Schedule Meetings Rescheduled
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (September 18, 2017) – As a reminder, the School Board meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday, September 12 was rescheduled to Tuesday, September 19.
Due to this change, the district has rescheduled the upcoming public meetings on the 2018-2019 Bell Schedule. The new dates are:
- Thursday, September 21, 6:00-7:30 p.m., Riverview High School cafeteria, 11311 Boyette Rd., Riverview
- Tuesday, September 26, 6:00-7:30 p.m., Jefferson High School media center, 4401 Cypress St., Tampa
In addition, the survey to gather input from parents, students, district employees and the community has been extended through Sunday, October 1. Already nearly 30,000 people have shared their thoughts using the survey. Information gathered from the survey as well as the recent Bell Schedule Simulator and the upcoming public meetings will provide vital information to help the School Board as it determines school start and end times for the next school year.
The School Board will vote on a final bell schedule on October 17, giving families nearly a year to make needed adjustments to their schedules.
Every student deserves a full day, so the district must make changes. Thousands of students arrive late to school because the current arrival and dismissal schedule does not allow buses enough time to run their routes. Last year, 12,000 students were late to school every day.
- Before Daytona 500, NASCAR driver Aric Almirola makes pit stop at Pierce Middle School
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day
- Florida State Fair welcomes HCPS' African Americans in Film: Influencers of Stage and Screen Exhibit
- Alexander Elementary Earns 2017-2018 Ryan A. Raines Energy Conservation Award
- Board Members in the Community: February 20