Third graders build connections with local leaders
On Wednesday, September 20, third graders at Roland Park K-8 Magnet School engaged a panel of Tampa based community leaders as part of their lesson on leadership. The students are currently learning how communities are enriched by their members and by their personal beliefs and values.
A total of 80 third graders approached a podium centered in the school's multi-purpose room and asked insightful questions of leaders in the academic, military, community, and political arenas. The goal was for students to ultimately understand what it takes to be a leader in action.
Members of the 2017 Leadership Panel:
Mr. Weaver, Principal, Roland Park K-8 Magnet School
Superintendent Jeff Eakins, Hillsborough County Public Schools
City Councilman Luis Viera
City Councilman Mike Suarez
Dr. David Allsopp, Dean, College of Education at USF
Jessica Muroff, CEO of Girl Scouts of West Central FL
Judge Greg Holder
Julie Reyes, Director of Autism Speaks
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School