Final Opportunities for Input on 2018-2019 Bell Schedule
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (September 26, 2017) – The last community meeting regarding the 2018-2019 bell schedule will be held tonight, Tuesday, September 26, from 6:00-7:30 p.m., in the Jefferson High School media center, located at 4401 Cypress St., Tampa.
In addition, parents, students, district employees and the community are reminded that the survey to gather input about bell times will be open through Sunday,
More than 43,000 people have shared their thoughts using the survey, which is available in both English and Spanish. Information gathered from the survey, as well as the recent Bell Schedule Simulator and the public meetings, will provide vital information to help the School Board as it determines school start and end times for the next school year.
Every student deserves a full day, so the district must make changes. Thousands of students arrive late to school because the current arrival and dismissal schedule does not allow buses enough time to run their routes. Last year, 12,000 students were late to school every day.
The School Board will vote on a final bell schedule on October 17, giving families nearly a year to make needed adjustments to their schedules.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets