Media Availability: Superintendent Jeff Eakins Introduces Proposed 2018-2019 Bell Schedule Based on Community Input
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (October 9, 2017) – Hillsborough County Public Schools Superintendent Jeff Eakins will introduce the proposed 2018-2019 Bell Schedule, based on community input, on Tuesday, October 10, at 11:30 a.m. in the School Board Auditorium, located at 901 E. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa.
Parents, students, district employees and the community gave feedback on the bell schedule in a variety of ways, including the recent bell schedule survey. Nearly 57,000 respondents chose a potential bell schedule option in the survey. The proposed bell schedule is based on the one option preferred by the most people who took the survey.
Superintendent Eakins will introduce the proposed bell schedule and outline how the district would implement the schedule, if approved by the School Board. The School Board is scheduled for a vote on the 2018-2019 bell schedule on Tuesday, October 17.
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits