Gorrie Elementary students lead the nation in acts of kindness
Congratulations to the students, faculty and staff of Gorrie Elementary School, who recently made a pledge to do 5,000 random acts of kindness in 15 days.
On Tuesday, October 10, the entire school body gathered in the gymnasium to reveal the final numbers and celebrate. The mood was electrifying - the crowd roared with excitement as Principal Sandler announced that they far surpassed their goal with a total of 13,786 random acts of kindness in just 15 days! In fact, they lead all of the schools in the nation in this kindness challenge set forth by top youth motivational speaker, Brian Williams.
Williams personally congratulated students and staff through video conference and members from the Chadd & Kristi Radio Show were on hand with some of their superhero friends (Captain America, Spiderman and Guardians Of The Galaxy's Star Lord) to award them with their #bNice Partners In Positivity Award.
The district is proud of all of the students who have pledged to continue to make a positive impact on their community by being kind to others. Thank you to the faculty, staff and the families of these students for supporting them every step of the way.
Visit Gorrie Elementary School's website for more information about the school.View Full Album
- Before Daytona 500, NASCAR driver Aric Almirola makes pit stop at Pierce Middle School
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day
- Florida State Fair welcomes HCPS' African Americans in Film: Influencers of Stage and Screen Exhibit
- Alexander Elementary Earns 2017-2018 Ryan A. Raines Energy Conservation Award
- Board Members in the Community: February 20