NOPE Candlelight Vigil
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (October 18, 2017) – Hillsborough County Public Schools joins with Narcotics Overdose Prevention & Education (NOPE) for their annual candlelight vigil on October 19, at 7 p.m., at Hillsborough High School.
This is the seventh year for the event, which is held in memory of those who have lost their lives due to drug and alcohol-related incidents, to honor those who have lost a loved one to accidental overdose death and to help those suffering from the disease of addiction.
It will be an emotional night as families and friends share inspiring examples of why their loved one’s story is not over.
Guests are invited to come out at 6 p.m. to reflect on the Memorial Wall which captures photos and stories from loved ones. The ceremony will then begin at 7 p.m. in the Hillsborough High School auditorium. The evening will end with the candlelight vigil on the school’s front lawn. Hillsborough High School is located at 5000 N. Central Ave., Tampa.
Participants are also encouraged to bring photos to include on the Memorial Wall. More than 500 photos adorn the wall, showing young people who have lost their lives due to drug or alcohol-related causes.
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers
- Board Members in the Community: February 19-23
- Board Members in the Community: February 20-21
- Before Daytona 500, NASCAR driver Aric Almirola makes pit stop at Pierce Middle School
- Be The Change: Spoto High's Challenge Day