Art enrichment program showcases students' talents
SERVE the Arts is a "hands-on" art enrichment educational program offered at select HOST sites during the summer. Students experienced two weeks of music and art enrichment around the “Superhero’s to the Rescue" theme. The purpose of the art program is to encourage self-expression through art. Through this process, students learned what they have in common with the superhero’s seen throughout media. Students then created a multimedia collage where they have similar "superpowers" to help their own community.
SERVE the ARTS was offered at the following HOST sites:
Bailey Elementary 4630 Gallagher Rd., Dover, FL 33527
Bellamy Elementary 9720 Wilsky Blvd., Tampa, FL 33615
Edison Elementary 1607 E. Curtis St., Tampa, FL 33610
Muller Elementary 13615 N. 22nd St., Tampa, FL 33613
To learn more about HOST programs click here or sdhc.k12.fl.us and type “go HOST”.
Volunteer Services (formerly known as SERVE) assists schools sites by providing volunteers to stimulate the minds of today’s youth and to enhance their educational experiences through volunteerism with programs. For more information visit www.serve.mysdhc.org
- Full Service Centers provide support for families all year long.
- Students from Puerto Rico Thankful for Opportunities in HCPS
- College Opportunities Become a Reality for Students at Brandon EPIC 3 Center
- Governor's Shine Award honors veterans-turned-teachers
- New leadership club makes a splash at Pierce Middle School