Mitchell Elementary School hosts Florida Governor Rick Scott
Governor Rick Scott visited Mitchell Elementary School on Monday to highlight his education funding plan. The Governor’s plan, in advance of the 2018 legislative session, would increase per-student spending by $200. It would also provide $100 more, per teacher, to help buy school supplies for their classrooms.
Students thanked the Governor for coming to their school and highlighting the importance of a high quality education. Mitchell Elementary Principal Deborah Anderson shared the school’s motto with the Governor: "To Be the Best…Give Your Best!"
Enjoy photos from today's visit in the Flickr album below!View Full Album
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- Not Your Typical Spring Break: East Bay Students on a Mission
- Board Members in the Community: March 19-23
- Hillsborough County Public Schools to Host School Safety Discussion Organized by CLEW
- Teacher Sheila de Diego has been there for 46 of Morgan Woods' 50 years