Kimbell students celebrate literacy with U.S. Representative Shawn Harris
On Thursday, December 14, U.S. State Representative Shawn Harris made a generous donation of hundreds of books to students from Kimbell Elementary School. A class of third grade students eagerly filed into the media center to be greeted by Representative Harris, along with City Councilman Frank Reddick and School Board Member Tamara Shamburger. Hundreds of books were displayed in the center of the room, while Principal Dave McMeen and the elected officials shared their favorite books.
Representative Harris challenged the students to read for one hour each day during winter break. Students who complete the challenge will be awarded with a trip to Tallahassee during the next legislative session to be legislators for a day, courtesy of Representative Harris. What an incredible opportunity for Kimbell cougars!
Thank you Representative Harris!View Full Album
- The Annual Gaither Stampede welcomed Special Olympic Athletes and a Parade of Superheroes, Rough Riders and More!
- Not Your Typical Spring Break: East Bay Students on a Mission
- Board Members in the Community: March 19-23
- Hillsborough County Public Schools to Host School Safety Discussion Organized by CLEW
- Teacher Sheila de Diego has been there for 46 of Morgan Woods' 50 years