Middle schoolers honor MLK Day of Service with B.T. Washington students
Students at Randall Middle School took part in a Day of Service on Friday, January 12, in honor of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. Members of Randall's National Junior Honors Society conducted reading lessons and acted out stories with second-grade students at B.T. Washington Elementary School. "This is so much fun because I can learn from a big kid," said one very excited second grader. As a parting gift, the middle schoolers left behind a storybook for each student to enjoy and call their own!
In addition to this reading activity, members of the Randall Area Youth Service (R.A.Y.S.) Council have planned and organized multiple service opportunities for the student body. While several students traveled off campus to help clean-up the environment and assisted sorting and boxing up food at Feeding Tampa Bay, others remained in the classroom to address local needs. Teachers led service-learning projects that relate to the benchmarks they are currently teaching.
Thank you to the Randall Hawks for making a special and long-lasting impact on our community. This is what the MLK Day of Service is all about!View Full Album
- Feeding Minds - Nourishing Communities
- History Came to Life at MacFarlane Park
- Board Members in the Community: February 19
- All Hillsborough County Public Schools Students and Staff to Participate in Lockdown Drills
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers