Kids Severe Weather Awareness Week Poster Contest
The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) encourages teachers to spend the week of January 22-26, 2018, teaching the types of severe weather that Florida experiences. During the week, elementary school teachers are also encouraged to have students create a poster related to the theme "Florida Severe Weather," which should illustrate an example of the natural hazards that affect Florida.
The posters that best illustrate natural hazards faced in Florida will be selected as the contest winners. All entries must be received at the FDEM no later than February 9, 2018. All entries will become the property of FDEM once submitted.
Send posters to:
Florida Division of Emergency Management
ATTN: External Affairs
2555 Shumard Oak Blvd
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Winners will be announced February 16, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact FDEM at Dem_External_Affairs@EM.MyFlorida.com.
Click here for a complete list of contest rules and contact information, which is available at the FDEM's Severe Weather Awareness Week web page.
- Feeding Minds - Nourishing Communities
- History Came to Life at MacFarlane Park
- Board Members in the Community: February 19
- All Hillsborough County Public Schools Students and Staff to Participate in Lockdown Drills
- IncrediBULL Games an incredible experience for East Hillsborough athletes and volunteers