Merlin the therapy dog helps students at Oak Grove Elementary
Since introducing a therapy dog named Merlin to her class a few months ago, Oak Grove Elementary teacher Anna Gibbs has noticed her students are performing and behaving better.
"He really does help them with their academics," Gibbs said. "He provides social skills, teaches them about love and responsibility."
Students also have learned about body language, and the monthly visits from Merlin, have led to decreased anxiety and less aggressive behavior for the student.
"It has been really beneficial in my class," she said.
- Burrito could win Bloomingdale students $55,000
- Board Members in the Community: April 23
- Start Spreading the News: Durant performs at Carnegie Hall in New York City
- HCPSProud: District recognizes students, educators and community members for excellence
- HABSE connects with Brandon Chamber to offer Hillsborough School discount for The Taste of Brandon tickets