Merlin the therapy dog helps students at Oak Grove Elementary
Since introducing a therapy dog named Merlin to her class a few months ago, Oak Grove Elementary teacher Anna Gibbs has noticed her students are performing and behaving better.
"He really does help them with their academics," Gibbs said. "He provides social skills, teaches them about love and responsibility."
Students also have learned about body language, and the monthly visits from Merlin, have led to decreased anxiety and less aggressive behavior for the student.
"It has been really beneficial in my class," she said.
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits