Buccaneers help students tackle skills for better living
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers put about 80 students through mental and physical workouts last week at a Character Playbook event held at One Buc Place. The students, from Franklin Boys Preparatory Academy and Walker Middle Magnet School, began their visit with a panel discussion and Q-and-A facilitiated by team reporter Casey Phillips and featuring panelists including a Bucs cheerleader, representatives from United Way Suncoast and Bucs tight end Allen Cross.
The event then moved to the Buccaneers new indoor practice facility so students could participate in a series of drills meant to reinforce important character traits.
- Pass and catch for COMMUNICATION
- Obstacle course for PERSEVERANCE
- Quick feet gauntlet for FOCUS
- 40-yard dash for DETERMININATION
- QB challenge for VISION
- Vertical jump for EFFORT
The event was co-sponsored by the Buccaneers, United Way Suncoast and EverFi, which produces a Character Playbook education program already used in Hillsborough County classrooms. Check out the video above and photos below for more about the day.
View Full Album
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits