Life-Changing Day for Middleton High School Seniors
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (April 9, 2018) – It will be a life-changing day for nearly 200 Middleton High School students as they take the next steps in their journey by signing their college letter of intent from Hillsborough Community College (HCC). Many of the students taking part in this special ceremony started high school not believing they would attend college.
- Middleton High School seniors
- Wednesday, April 11, 9:30 a.m.
- Middleton High School Auditorium, 4801 N. 22nd St., Tampa
Photo Opportunity: Roughly a dozen students will come up on stage at a time to sign their letter of intent. Interviews will be available with students and staff at Middleton High School and HCC.
Over the past few years, HCC staff have worked closely with Thomas Rivers, Middleton High School’s College and Career Counselor, to make sure students understand that college is an option. They also helped students complete their HCC applications and FAFSA forms to apply for financial aid.
The main goal of a college education is to earn a degree that will lead to a successful and satisfying career. Many students don’t believe college is an option due to financial or academic reasons. Through Dr. Kim Moore’s leadership, as principal of Middleton High School, staff members have been encouraging students to believe more is possible and show them college is a real option for their future.
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits