Tempting Tastebuds at the 9th Annual Fresh Flavors Food Show -School lunch is not what it used to be-
For Immediate Release
Contact: Tanya Arja
Office of Communications
Tampa, Fla. – (April 25, 2018) – Students from around the district will taste and rate new lunch menu offerings for the 2018-2019 school year during the Fresh Flavors - Food for Body and Mind Expo from 10 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, April 25 and Thursday, April 26.
This is the ninth year Hillsborough County Public Schools Student Nutrition Services Department is hosting the expo. Each day, approximately 100 students will sample the menu items. Nineteen new menu items will be tested, including Baja Fish Tacos, Chipotle Chicken Mac and Cheese, Stir Fry Spicy Thai Noodle Bowl and Nashville Hot Chicken Sliders. Students will rate each item on a scale of Love It, Like It, or Dislike It based on the item’s appearance, smell, and taste.
The purpose of the tasting is to help Student Nutrition Services provide healthy menus that are based on student preferences and gets students excited about school lunch.
Each student will receive a goodie bag and a chance to win a FitBit fitness tracker. The event will take place at the Student Nutrition Services’ Silo Event Center located at 9036 Brittany Way, Tampa, 33619. For more information, contact Heather D’Ambrosi at (813) 840-7092 or Jessica Vega at (813) 272-4580.
- Exciting Opportunity for Teachers to Transform Lives
- Board Members in the Community: June 19-23
- School is out for Summer but the Need for Nutritious Meals Continues
- Board Members in the Community: June 12-13
- Joint Press Release - Hillsborough school district and teachers’ union reach tentative agreement including raises, bonuses, child care assistance, and other benefits