We are excited to welcome new kindergarteners to our district! Starting in January, schools across our county will be hosting Kindergarten Countdown. These events will offer students and families a firsthand look at kindergarten life. Kindergarten Countdown is a wonderful opportunity to get acquainted with the school’s campus and teachers. Registrations will be accepted if parents are able to provide complete paperwork.
Blast off to kindergarten...Attend a Kindergarten Countdown!
What do I need to register for kindergarten?
- Birth certificate
- Social security card, if available
- Florida Physical HRS form supplied by a doctor dated within 12 months prior to entry in Florida Schools (first day of school)
- Florida Immunization Record on HRS hard card (form #680) supplied by a doctor
- Two forms of verification of address that prove where you live but are NOT your driver’s license or state-issued ID card (some examples are a utility bill, lease, or a contract to purchase a home)
- If a child lives with someone who is not a parent, you may also need to complete a student resident form, which is available at the school
More info >>
Parents are welcome to visit multiple public school Kindergarten Countdown events across our district to explore school options. These options are tuition-free.
If you are interested in your child attending a school other than your attendance area school for the 2019-2020 school year, you will need to complete a Hillsborough Choice/Magnet application by December 31, 2018. Please check back for the spring application dates if you should miss the December 31, 2018 application deadline.
If you have questions, contact the Choice Information Line at 813-272-4692.